THE WETHERSFIELD/ROCKY HILL ROTARY CLUB
HELPING HAND FUND SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS PROGRAM
The Scholarship Program of our local Wethersfield/Rocky Hill Rotary Club is designed primarily to help students with limited financial resources continue their education past high school. In addition to financial need, academic record, character, relationships with fellow students and extra-curricular activities in school and community are considered.
A limited number of regular scholarships are granted annually, currently in the amount of $4,000 per year. Any student living in Wethersfield or Rocky Hill may apply.
To be considered for a personal interview with members of the Scholarship Committee (the final stage of the application process), each applicant must:
- Complete the enclosed application and sign where indicated.
- Discuss it with your parent(s) or guardian(s) and have them sign the completed application where indicated.
- Please attach a copy of your high school yearbook photograph.
- Mail the completed application and required attachments before April 15. Personal interviews are usually scheduled for early May.
Normally, scholarship payments are made twice each year. All scholarship winners are required to submit their college transcript to us at the end of each semester in order to maintain the scholarship and receive each payment.
A scholarship can be rescinded for:
- Failure to maintain scholastic grades as prescribed by the college or university at which the student is enrolled.
- Breach of college discipline rules.
- Other changes in the financial or personal circumstances that affect the student and may have altered the original decision to grant the scholarship.
The Wethersfield/Rocky Hill Rotary Club takes a personal interest in each of its Scholarship students, and appreciates the contacts it has with each one, during and following college years. Letters and other communications are always welcome.
The Scholarship Committee welcomes students and their parent(s)/guardian(s) to our educational assistance program. The program is based primarily upon financial need. Additional factors which will be reviewed are academic work, character, interaction with fellow students and extracurricular activities.
This scholarship is renewable each semester by submitting a transcript at the end of each semester. Payments will be made for the usual 2 or 4 years of an educational program, provided all requirements are fulfilled.
All the information requested will be kept confidential. An application will only be considered if all the required information is submitted on or by April 15. If there is not enough room, please attach additional sheets.